Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Geek in Me

Last night, my friend and I agreed to meet at the Starbucks branch we always go to. I got there first and had no idea what to do while waiting for him.

Then I remembered hearing the soundtrack of a show I used to watch as a child. I saw a comment on YouTube that said "Whenever I heard this theme as a child, I swore I was part of (them)" -- and I absolutely agree! So I got my headphones out, plugged it in to the iPad and searched YouTube for the theme song. I played it time and again, and decided to notate the note patterns on my notebook.

Now, for obvious reasons (i.e. I did not have a piano with me at Starbucks), I was not able to put down the actual notes (again, I only notated the patterns). This is what I came up with:



I posted the same picture on my Facebook account; but I was really disappointed that nobody got the correct answer. One of my Facebook friends commented and gave the right answer - and I wasn't even expecting him to get it right (I really wasn't expecting him to comment at all)!

Here's the challenge: If you read musical notes, try to guess what show this theme song is for. After that, check if your answer is correct by clicking on this link. If you don't read musical notes, by all means, just click!

Feel free to leave comments. Let me know how you guessed what song it was -- especially if you got it right. Also, leave comments and tell me which other songs have the same/almost-same note patterns!

This is the geek in me. Stay tuned for other songs. LOL!

~spanishdude

No comments:

Post a Comment